National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc.
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “101 Ways To Use Your Scalers” contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry or who have permission from the legal guardian in writing prior to entry. Employees of National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc. and its affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc., 603 Sweetland Avenue, Hillside, New Jersey, 07205.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. TIMING: The Contest begins on 6/16/2014 at 11:59 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 6/30/2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Contest Period are void.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.necaonline.com for details. Submit each individual entry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each email submission you will constitute one (1) Contest entry. You can enter more than once. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries by that entrant.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about 7/7/2014 at 11:59 a.m., Sponsor will select the submissions of three (3) entrants based on creative use of Scalers, originality, and overall appeal and entertainment quality.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: Scalers Wave One Set and Scalers Wave Two Set. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $72.00. Two (2) Runner-Up Prizes: Scalers Wave 2 Mini Set. ARV of each Runner-Up Prize: $36.00.
8. NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Entrants who are notified that their entry was selected are Potential Winners. Potential Winners are not Winners until they have returned all required documentation and their eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential Winners will be notified by e-mail within seven (7) days of the selection date. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place from among all eligible entries received. Except where prohibited, Potential Winner must sign and return to Sponsor, within fourteen (14) days of being notified, an confirmation of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to claim his/her Prize. If the Potential Winner fails to sign and return the confirmation of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place from among all eligible entries received.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
11. RELEASE: Winner agrees that Sponsor, and its respective partners, sponsors, agencies, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, affiliates and subsidiaries, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by Winner, for any liability for injuries, losses or damage (including reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind, including death, arising from or in connection with this Contest or the Prize. By entering, participants acknowledge that neither Sponsor has made any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest or the Prize.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Sponsor does not assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
14. CONTEST RESULTS AND OFFICIAL RULES: Contest results and a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc., 603 Sweetland Avenue, Hillside, New Jersey, 07205-1799. Requests must be received by 7/14/2014. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.